Sunday, October 10, 2021

Day 4 - Cheerio London. Buongiorno Italia!

We got our English breakfast this morning and a nice stroll to the Thames. We also passed our COVID tests, so we packed and headed to London City airport. We got a little bit of London rain heading into the airport. Our flight left at 1:45 and the most notable thing about it was the intensity of our flight attendants' perfume.

Perhaps it was the anticipation of the destination, but I thought the clouds were particularly impressive on this trip. There was a full fluffy carpet of them. I don't remember seeing them this condensed for some time. The clouds gave way when we approached sunnier climates and as we got closer, I made out Tuscan villas and vineyards. We could see the Duomo as we landed in Florence.

The rental car pickup was relatively uneventful and we hit the road. Vicki driving, Tony navigating, just like the old days. As we got closer to the hotel, the sun was setting and we imagining the view. Our imagination did not do tie view justice. It is breathtaking. Equally amazing are the accommodations. 


No comments:

Post a Comment