We asked our waiter for the closest place to buy eggs (we wanted to empty the fridge before we checked out). He went to the chef and brought us a couple of eggs. He said we would have driven 20 kilometers for 2 eggs and that would have been ridiculous.
After lunch, there was more sunning on the patio, then we went on one of the hikes around the property. It is very large and we did about a 4km loop through forests and grassy flatland. We saw rabbits, and the deer kept gracefully through the grass fleeing our intrusion. We walked through an olive grove, a forest that could have been in Santa Rosa, along a vineyard, and next to sweeping green meadows. I found a porcupine quill, but we didn't see any porcupines. Then we walked uphill for something like forever. Basically the last half of the hike was climbing back to the perch the hotel was on.
Post hike, we enjoyed some water and a glass of wine on the patio while a guitarist serenaded us from the bar downstairs. The sky was purple from the sunset in one direction and the moon was rising in the other direction. I sat there and tried to commit every detail to memory so I can recall that bliss again.
Because we are leaving tomorrow, I would like to document all of the things I loved about our place.
1) I loved that the stone floors were always comfortably warm.
2) I loved that the water made my hair fluffy and soft.
3) I loved that there were enough dishes and glassware to entertain an army.
4) I loved that the toilet paper smelled like sandalwood (I think they put perfumed oil in tube)
5) I loved the shutters.
6) I loved the view of the rose garden from the small window upstairs.
7) I loved the patio.
8) I loved the sunsets.
Tomorrow we head to Bologna and say goodbye to our Tuscan home, but we will be back. There is so much left to see.



No comments:
Post a Comment